What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user’s or team’s browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way their equipment is used, they can be used to know the user.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, nor a Trojan, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, nor opens windows pop-up.
This website uses the following own and third-party cookies:
- Analysis: are those cookies that, treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by the users of the service. To do this, we analyze your browsing on our website in order to improve the user experience.
- Session: to ensure that users who leave comments or register are human and not automated applications. In this way, spam is fought.
- Social networks: are third-party cookies. Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can share content or value it (by clicking on “I like” or “share” buttons).
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes. Not only delete, also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain. Although this option to block cookies in your browser may not allow full use of all the features of the Website. To delete cookies from a website you must go to your browser settings and there you can search the associated ones to the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
Setting cookies for the most popular browsers
Here’s how to access a specific cookie in the Google Chrome browser. Note: these steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking on the personalization icon that appears at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list with all the cookies sorted by domain will appear. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a certain domain, enter the address partially or completely in the Search cookies field.
- After making this filter, one or several lines with the cookies of the requested web appear on the screen. Now you just have to select it and press the X to proceed with its elimination.
To access the cookie settings of the Internet Explorer browser follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookie settings of the Firefox browser follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In History choose Use custom settings for the history.
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the cookies configuration of the Safari browser for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of block you want to make.
To access the cookies configuration of the Safari browser for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of block you want to make.
To access the browser cookie settings for Android devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to activate or deactivate the box.
To access the browser cookie settings for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- Now you can activate or deactivate the Allow cookies box.
* For other browsers, check the documentation of the browser that you have installed.